Bordering National Park
Exclusive Luxury Family
The South Luangwa National Park marks the end of the Great Rift Valley, one of the last remaining unspoilt wilderness areas and possibly the finest wildlife sanctuary in Africa - a claim which is not an overstatement. It is through this 9050sq kilometer National Park that the great meandering Luangwa river runs, with its ox bow lagoons, tributaries, riverine supported woodlands and large plains, all of which play host to huge concentrations of game including elephant, buffalo, leopard, lion, giraffe, hippo and over 450 species of birds.
Robin's House is a small, private and exclusive house on the banks of the Luangwa River, ideal for young families or friends seeking a more indulgent type of safari. This two bedroom house with main living area provides a shady and cool retreat from the African midday heat and if that is not enough there is a stunning plunge pool to soak in whilst looking over the Luangwa River.
With its own team of staff dedicated to looking after you Robin's House offers a home away from home but with added luxuries.
Set upstream from Nkwali under a thick canopy of trees you will find Robin's House. With great views of the river and across into the park but with the added bonus of a cool breeze coming through the trees this two bedroom house is the perfect retreat for any family or group of friends wanting privacy and a safari experience specifically tailored to their needs.
The two spacious bedrooms (one double and one triple) each with en-suite bathrooms along with main area are protected from the wilds of Zambia by large set gauze windows, this makes it perfectly safe for families with young children. The main area with its large comfy sofa and chairs is the perfect place for catching up on the days safari with a cold drink before your dinner cooked for you by your private chef.
The house offers complete privacy with a team of staff dedicated solely to you to ensure that all your needs are attended to. The guide will enthrall you in the bush as you discover corners and curiosities that the South Luangwa has to offer whilst the host(ess) and the team will ensure that the house is spick and span ready for your return. Families travelling with young children have the additional option of leaving the children at the house where they will be cared for whilst mum and dad enjoy a game drive on their own.
Sit back and relax whilst everything is done for you in this private home away from home, Robin's House is the ideal getaway for a more exclusive safari.
· An option of day or night drives.
· Toyota Landcruisers with two tier seats (three tier for groups / families) are used - a "window" seat (i.e. two people per row) for everyone.
· Open top vehicles, affording you total 360 degree vision.
· The walks are led by our knowledgeable guide, and escorted by an armed National Park scout.
· Our guiding team is very passionate and will certainly impart some amazing bush insights at a level that will surprise you.
Seasonal Boating - A special treat indeed for guests in the Emerald Season.
· From end December/January to around April.
· Explore the lagoons for enhanced game viewing and birding.
· A visit to Kawaza Village and the schools is often remembered years later by our guests as the most rewarding part of their visit to Africa. This gives a more holistic experience of the Luangwa Valley.
· Alternatively take a stroll within the community around the Mfuwe area which is bustling – small “dukas” (shops), the market, bars, and people offering various skills.
Wildlife Education Centre
· A charitable trust for the school children of the Luangwa Valley to teach them about wildlife and conservation.
· Great activity for the children especially.
· For unique locally produced hand-painted textiles, drawing inspiration from the stunning Zambian wildlife and surroundings.
· A perfect place to buy a souvenir or two of your Zambian experience...
Robin Pope Safaris
Max. clients in vehicle
Walking safaris, game drives (day and night), cultural/village tour, visit to Chimpembele, visit local market and Tribal Textiles.`