Etosha Safari House
Etosha Heights Private Reserve
Exclusive Family Luxury
We are delighted to announce the opening of Safari House on the 15thApril 2019! Located on the Etosha Heights Private Reserve, just next to Safarihoek Lodge, it’s a traditional Namibian farmhouse that we’ve given the Natural Selection treatment and can be booked on an exclusive-use basis. Expect three, ensuite bedrooms and a fully-equipped kitchen, dining room and sitting area inside. Outside, there’s a large veranda with a braai and plenty of outdoor seating, a fire pit and a second thatched braai area, as well as a swimming pool, all amidst the luscious green gardens.
But perhaps the biggest luxury on offer at Safari House is freedom. With a private guide, vehicle and a chef all to yourself, it’s a safari that’s 100% on your terms whether you want to look for big game early in the morning, or have a leisurely start to the day. Flexibility is key here and the house is a perfect spot for families, groups of friends and adventurers looking for their very own, day-to-day itinerary.
Why You’ll Love Safari House:
• With a private chef, vehicle and guide, Safari House is all about planning your days on your own terms, maximum flexibility guaranteed!
• Enjoy unpretentious hospitality in a traditional Namibian farmhouse setting.
• Spend your days game driving in the incredible Etosha Heights Private Reserve – with only two other lodges nearby, you won’t bump into anything but wildlife.
• Track white rhino, search for elusive desert species, count the big cats or simply relax in the double-tiered photography hide.
• After a day on the reserve, head back to your ‘home from home’ and enjoy a sundowner on the veranda and a braai under the stars.
• The house is available on an exclusive-use basis, making it ideal for families, groups and friends – the fenced garden will remove any worries about runaway little ones too.
Safari House is all about unpretentious, traditional Namibian hospitality. The house sleeps up to six guests in three bedrooms and each is comfortable and spacious with a touch of Natural Selection quirkiness! Each room is air-conditioned, providing the perfect retreat after a hot day in the reserve, and all rooms are ensuite with indoor (and piping hot) showers. Inside, you’ll also find a lovely large sitting room with a dining area and fully-equipped kitchen.
Outside, Safari House really comes into its own. For lazy afternoons, the large, wraparound veranda is shady and cool, and the waterhole mere metres away is the perfect entertainment. There’s a swimming pool if you fancy a dip, morning or evening, a braai area (call upon your private chef to whip something up or get out the tongs yourself), and a large, fully-fenced garden.
Accommodation & Amenities
• Three-bedroomed, private house (sleeping a maximum of 6 adults & 3 children) available on an exclusive-use basis.
• Ensuite bathrooms with indoor showers.
• Air conditioning in each room.
• Swimming pool and fully-fenced garden.
• Fully equipped kitchen, indoor and outdoor seating and dining areas, braai facilities.
• Private chef, guide and vehicle.
• Fully solar-powered.
• Wifi available: Unlimited WiFi is available for an N$50 donation to the reserve’s anti-poaching program.
• Hairdryers: on request.
• Battery charging facilities: Available.
• Credit card facilities available at Safarihoek Lodge (Visa & MasterCard only).
• Complimentary laundry service.
• Child policy: we welcome children of all ages.
• Disabled access: please enquire with reservations.
There is never really a bad time to visit Safari House and the Etosha Heights Reserve but it should be noted that each season offers a very different experience. In the winter months of May to September (and when we say winter, we mean dry, sunny days with little to no rainfall – most unlike a European winter!) the waterholes begin to dry up and the wildlife congregates around the little that is left, making for iconic and easy game viewing. Temperatures at this time of year hover around the mid-twenties Celsius but be warned – it can get chilly in the mornings and evenings…
The summer months of October to April are when Etosha receives the most rain, but don’t let that put you off. Rain showers are short and sharp and the clouds and lightning storms make for some of the best sunsets you’ll ever witness! At this time, the landscape is green and luscious and all the animals are still present and correct. Temperature-wise, expect high-twenties into the mid-thirties Celsius and come prepared with plenty of suncream, a hat and good sunglasses.
SAFARI HOUSE ACTIVITIES
• Enjoy morning and afternoon game drives in the Etosha Heights Private Reserve, and look for the elusive black and white rhino amongst large concentrations of plains game.
• Wrap up warm and hop in the vehicle for a night-time game drive to explore the magic of the Namibian bush after dark.
• Dust off your camera, charge those batteries, and spend the morning or afternoon in the unique, double-tiered photography hide. Even if you’re not a keen photographer, the hide will get you closer than ever to
• Namibia’s giants.
• Bush meals and picnics can be arranged with a little advance notice.
SAFARI HOUSE LANDSCAPE & WILDLIFE
Founded in 1999, Etosha Heights is one of the largest private reserves in Namibia, sharing a 65 kilometre border with the famous Etosha National Park. The reserve offers a robust 600 square-kilometres of unspoiled wildlife, landscapes, and tranquillity; truly a place to reconnect with nature and escape the modern stresses of life. The savannah is punctuated by pods of mopane woodland, thick, riverine forest and those iconic waterholes, attracting animals from far and wide.
Etosha Heights Private Reserve is safari in a nutshell. Game drives will almost certainly yield sightings of lion, cheetah, eland, kudu, hartebeest and springbok, as well as Namibia’s fascinating desert species such as black-faced impala, oryx and the elusive Hartmann’s zebra. The Etosha area is also famous for its numerous waterholes and our double-tiered photography hide is ideally positioned to watch the elephant drink and splash in the water. And, if there is one animal that is iconic to this region, it’s the white rhino and Etosha Heights has a strong population of both white and black rhino.
Natural Selection Safaris
Max. clients in vehicle
Game Drives, Walking Safaris