Ongava Private Reserve, Bordering the National Park
Ongava Lodge is one of Namibia’s premier lodges on one of the country’s most important private game reserves.
The well-established Ongava Lodge is situated in the privately owned Ongava Game Reserve along the southern boundary of Etosha National Park. Placed as it is close to the top of a hill in the foothills of the Ondundozonanandana range, the vantage point is beautiful and overlooks a well-frequented waterhole and the plains beyond.
Ongava Lodge offers luxury accommodation in 14 rock-and-thatch en-suite chalets. There are impressive views over the camp’s waterhole from the main lounge and dining areas and there is also an inviting pool to cool off in the heat of the day. Meals are either served in the main dining area under thatch or on the dining deck under the stars.
Activities include game drives into Etosha, spending time in the camp hide, and nature drives and walks on the reserve. Ongava has resident white and black rhino, giving guests staying at Ongava the opportunity to see both species.
Unique Selling Points
· Set on a hill with a beautiful vantage point overlooking miles of African scenery, 30 000-hectare private reserve with convenient access into Etosha National Park
· Well-placed hide to look onto the productive waterhole near camp
· Monitoring the black-faced impala, and reserve has high densities of big game including lion, white and black rhino and plains game
• 14 in total
• 13 twin bed chalets
• 1 family chalet that sleeps up to 4 (each room has its own bathroom and entrance, joined by a boardwalk)
• All rooms are en-suite with double basins, plus indoor and outdoor showers.
• Private viewing deck, air conditioning and overhead fans, mosquito nets, tea/coffee, hairdryers & 220V power.
Your lodge experience includes
Thatched dining area and bar plus waterhole views, wi-fi service in the lounge, swimming pool, curio shop, a dedicated guide and shared game drive vehicle.
• Activities on site (some may be seasonal)
• Bird watching, Game drives,
• Game viewing, Nature walks, Rhino approaching,
• Photographic hide.
• 3-5 years: Booking can only be accepted if sole use of camp is booked and paid for.
• 6-12 years: Private Vehicle must be booked and paid for.
Ongava Game Reserve
Max. clients in vehicle
Game Drives, Walking Safaris