Ongava Tented Camp
Ongava Private Reserve, Bordering the National Park
Immersed in the African Mopani bush, Ongava Tented Camp is a natural extension of this wild, wonderful landscape.
The classic safari style camp is tucked in a hidden valley at the foot of a dolomite hill in Ongava Game Reserve bordering Etosha National Park.
Eight large comfortable Meru-style tents all have en-suite facilities, open air showers and private verandas; the family unit sleeps four. The main area, built of stone, canvas and thatch, fronts onto a much-frequented waterhole; watching wildlife coming to drink from here or from the swimming pool is a favourite pastime.
Ongava’s proximity to Etosha allows for game drives in the Etosha National Park and on the Ongava Reserve itself. Other possibilities include guided walks, birding and visiting hides. Ongava holds one of the largest rhino custodianships for the Namibian government in the country and is one of the few private game reserves in southern Africa where guests can see both black and white rhino.
Unique Selling Points
• Charming, classic Wilderness-style camp on a 30,000-hectare private reserve with convenient access into Etosha National Park
• Productive waterhole in front of camp with multitudes coming to drink
• High densities of big game including lion, white and black rhino and plains game
• 8 tents in total
• 6 twin-bedded tents
• 1 double-bedded tent
• 1 family unit that comprises 2 tents sleeping up to 4 guests (sharing for children is accommodated), with their own bathroom and entrance linked by a short curved walkway
• En-suite with double basins, plus indoor and outdoor showers.
• Classic Meru-style tents with double doors, covered veranda, a safe, ceiling fans, mosquito net, tea/coffee and 220V power.
Your lodge experience includes
Stone/thatched dining area, bar & deck with camp fire and waterhole views, curio shop, swimming pool, wifi service in lapa, a dedicated guide and shared game drive vehicle.
Activities on site (some may be seasonal)
Bird watching, Game drives, Game viewing, Nature walks, Rhino approaching.
• 3-5 years: Booking can only be accepted if sole use of camp is booked and paid for.
• 6-12 years: Private Vehicle must be booked and paid for.
• The minimum age for walking activities is 13 years; and 16 years old for rhino approaching on foot.
Ongava Game Reserve
Semi-Permanent Tented Camp
Max. clients in vehicle
Game Drives, Walking Safaris