Bomani Tented Lodge
Bordering Hwange National Park, Private Area
Situated in the Ngamo forest Area, within our 5000 acre private reserve, Bomani Tented Lodge is a mere 5 minute drive from our own private gate into Hwange National Park. Our main lodge overlooks Bomani Pan and comprises of an open dining room, bar area and lounge, built on a spectacular viewing platform. You can enjoy your breakfast whilst watching zebra and wildebeest quietly graze, or sip a sun downer as giraffe and elephant soak up the day’s final rays. Our friendly and knowledgeable guides will take you on walks or drives in the park where you will see a plethora of different wildlife in a truly wild and remote region of the park. Whether you’re after the perfect honeymoon destination, or an adventure safari away from the crowds, you need look no further. Choose from tents raised on teak platforms overlooking the vlei or ground level tents in front of the lodge waterhole.
• Situated on a 5000 acre private reserve within the Ngamo Forest Area, on the edge of the south eastern corner of Hwange National Park.
• 4 - 5 hour road transfer from Victoria Falls or Bulawayo.
• Distances by road: Victoria Falls – Halfway House 225 km, and 40 kmthrough Forestry (4x4). Bulawayo – Kenmaur 170 km, and 68 km on Somgolo Road via Gwaai Siding and Sipepa growthpoint (4x4).
• 4 - 5 hour road and rail transfer from Victoria Falls.
• 1 hour small plane charter from Victoria Falls or Bulawayo.
• 1 x Thatched bungalow: 77 m sq with thatched roof and stone walls overlooking the lodge watering hole, queen-sized bed, overhead fans, mini bar, en suite lounge, en suite changing room, shower basin and toilet.
• 1 x Spurwing Honeymoon Suite: 57.5 m sq tent overlooking the lodge watering hole, king-sized bed, en suite shower and free standing bath, twin basins, overhead fans, large tiled veranda ideal for private dining.
• 2 x Spurwing Twin Suites: 62.5 m sq tent overlooking the lodge watering hole, twin double beds, overhead fans, en suite shower, toilet, basin, en suite lounge, veranda ideal for private dining, space for an extra bed for children.
• 1 x Spurwing Double Suite: 62.5 m sq overlooking the lodge watering hole, king-sized bed, overhead ceiling fan, en suite shower, toilet, basin, en suite lounge, veranda ideal for private dining.
• 3 x Saddlebill Twin Tents: 50 sq m with views across the Ngamo Plain to Bomani Pan, raised teak deck, twin double beds, standing fan, en suite shower, toilet and basin.
• 2 x Saddlebill Double Tents: 48 sq m with views across the Ngamo Plain to Bomani Pan, raised teak deck, standing fan, en suite shower, toilet and basin. One of the rooms has a double bed, the other a kingsize bed.
• 1 x Sable Suite (Family Suite): 250 m sq tent 250 m sq tent structure built on a raised wood deck composed of four sections. Two bedrooms, one with a kingsize bed and the other with twin ¾ beds (these beds can be pushed together to make a kingsize bed). Both bedroom units have over head fans and en suite bathrooms with toilet, basin, a bath and outdoor shower. The suite is completed with a dining and lounge area with a veranda deck and views cross the plains (2 extra ¾ beds can be placed in the lounge area so the family suite can accommodate 6 pax).
Hwange National Park at 14,500 sq km, is one of Africa’s great Parks and is home to over 100 species of mammals, including nineteen large herbivore and eight large carnivore species, and nearly 400 species of birds. Hwange is elephant country and much of the game viewing relates to magnificent opportunities to view these, the largest land mammals, in a completely wild state. The lodge estate is in an exclusive 5000 acre portion of Ngamo Forest adjacent to the Ngamo Gate into Hwange National Park, 1.5 km from the lodge. Game activities into the park are within a vast exclusive and wild area of the park.
• Morning and afternoon game drives with snacksin traditional
open safari vehicles.
• All day game drives with a packed lunch and snacks in
traditional open safari vehicles.
• Land Cruisers seat up to 9 guests and Land Rovers seat up
to 7 guests.
• Conducted by a fully licensed and highly experienced
• Usually undertaken in the mornings and ideal for photography
of big game on foot.
• Night drives within the lodge’s private concession to view
the array of wildlife, particularly nocturnal creatures.
• Usually undertaken upon return from the afternoon activity
or alternatively after supper.
THE LOOK UP GAME VIEWING HIDE
• Experience Hwange’s giants up close and only a few meters
from the watering hole from the safety of this specialized
6m long underground blind with en-suite flush toilet.
Imvelo Safari Lodges
Semi-Permanent Tented Camp
Max. clients in vehicle
Game Drives, Walking Safaris