Duma Tau Camp
Linyanti Marsh, Private Concession
DumaTau seeks to ensure the continued protection of a piece of land within the Kavango-Zambezi Transfrontier Conservation Area, an enormous area that spans borders and is thus pivotal for the conservation of the greater populations of elephant, wild dog and other species.
DumaTau, on the banks of the Linyanti River’s Osprey Lagoon, is located close to the source of the Savute Channel, between two elephant corridors, offering an exclusive combination of land and river experiences. Wildlife is viewed during game drives, on nature walks, and while boating along the serene waters of the Linyanti River (levels permitting).
DumaTau, meaning ‘roar of the lion,’ is a luxury tented camp located in the private Linyanti Wildlife Reserve on the western boundary of Chobe National Park. The area is famed for large herds of elephants and exceptional game viewing along the Savute Channel. DumaTau has a very light carbon footprint and runs on 100% solar energy.
DumaTau is located close to the source of the Savute Channel, with access to the Linyanti Swamps, floodplains and mopane woodlands, thus offering an excellent combination of habitats. Well known for its elephant concentrations as they congregate along the waterways and lagoons during the dry winter months, the area is also renowned for general wildlife including red lechwe, Burchell's zebra, giraffe, buffalo and warthog. Predator sightings of lion, leopard, cheetah, wild dog and spotted hyaena are good.
• Day and night game drives in 5 x 6-seater open 4x4 Land Cruisers. During winter months hot water bottles (on early morning game drives only), blankets and lined ponchos are provided.
• The camp has a supply of bean bags for guests to use to steady their cameras while on a game activity.
• A pair of Olympus binoculars is available in each of the game drive vehicles for guests to share amongst themselves whilst game viewing and may be requested from our guides.
• Private activities on offer (subject to vehicle availability which needs to be booked and paid for) may be requested in advance. Note that the one private vehicle at DumaTau may be shared with Little DumaTau.
• Guided nature walks (seasonal and subject to the availability of a qualified walking guide).
• Water-based activities in 1 x 6-seater and 1 x 8-seater motor boats (water levels permitting), plus 1 x 8-seater barge for lunches, picnics and sundowners.
• Birding in an internationally recognised IBA (Important Bird Area).
• Fishing on a catch and release basis only, however, is prohibited by Botswana law in January and February due to breeding purposes - with camp providing a small stock of basic rods and reels, whereas all fly fishing equipment is to be supplied by the guest/s if required (seasonal).
• The DumaTau Star Bed (may be known as the Zibadianja Star Bed due to it’s location overlooking the Zibadianja Lagoon and Savute Channel) approximately 45 minutes drive from camp (weather permitting and operated subject to the discretion of the Camp Manager.
• Wilderness Safaris and Olympus Photo Hub experience.
The architecture and interiors will remain true to the essence of DumaTau; stylish and elegant, with a sense of off-the-beaten-track exploration. The camp will offer a Premier experience and the ultra-luxurious tented suites will be doubling in size to 142 square metres with uninterrupted views over the water.
Number of Tents
This camp can accommodate 18 guests in total.
Semi-Permanent Tented Camp
Max. clients in vehicle
Day & Night Game Drives, Motorboat Cruises, Walking Safaris