Ruckomechi Private Concession
With the ever-increasing threat of poaching and human encroachment, our presence alongside Mana Pools National Park is another buffer, expanding this haven for Zimbabwe’s flora and fauna.
Little Ruckomechi celebrates one of Zimbabwe’s great wilderness areas alongside the Zambezi River. Its location within our private concession ensures an exclusive safari experience comprising a diverse range of activities – game drives, boating, canoeing and walks – through which to explore Mana Pools National Park in all its abundance.
Mana Pools National Park lies in the heart of the Lower Zambezi Valley, where the Zambezi River meanders for 300 km on its way to the Mozambican border. It is a remote, wildlife-rich trove offering spectacular views of the river, floodplains, the tree canopy and the mountains of the Rift Valley escarpment across the border in Zambia.
The area offers large concentrations of buffalo and elephant, while predators such as lion, wild dog, leopard and cheetah are often sighted. Greater kudu, Burchell's zebra, impala, warthog and common waterbuck can be seen on the surrounding plains and the grunting of hippo can be heard all day. Birdlife is superb, with numerous local specials like collared palm-thrush and racket-tailed roller.
• Within Mana Pools National Park - with game drives in our private concession and therefore prime wildlife viewing exclusively for Wilderness Safaris.
• Day and night game drives in 1 x 7-seater Toyota Hilux accommodating – during winter months hot water bottles, blankets and lined ponchos are provided on game drives.
• Private activities available on request (subject to availability and shared with Ruckomechi, additional costs applicable).
• Water-based activities in 1 x 8-seater pontoon. Canoeing, 3 x 2-seater canoes.
• Fishing is possible on a catch and release basis from the bank or by boat.
• Guided nature walks.
Set amongst the iconic albida trees that characterise the region, the camp is built on wooden decks offering three (or four for private bookings) airy and elegant tents conveying the romance of a bygone explorer era. The stylish living spaces, including a dining room and lounge as well as a plunge pool, all look out over the river towards the Zambian escarpment. NUMBER OF
This camp can accommodate 06 guests
Semi-Permanent Tented Camp
Max. clients in vehicle
Charge in Room
Game Drives, Walking Safaris, Canoe Safaris, Motorboat Cruises