Bordering Motobo Hills National Park
An African inspired refuge, where world class facilities effortlessly harmonize with the cultural and spiritual energy, allure and unique beauty for which the Matobo Hills is renowned and celebrated. This exclusive, privately owned safari lodge is located in the UNESCO World Heritage Site of the Matobo Hills, the oldest National Park in Zimbabwe, tucked away into an ancient Bushman’s shelter. The granite domes and castle kopjes echo the essence of tranquillity and majesty of untamed Africa, where wildlife and birdlife species thrive in prolific numbers. Famous for its healthy population of endangered rhino, the area is one of the most sought after destinations within Zimbabwe.
Camp Amalinda, A Wilderness of Granite, is situated 45 kilometers south of Bulawayo on the Matopos road. The Matopos region has been classified as a UNESCO World Heritage Site and is home to the highest concentration of rock art in Southern Africa. Some of the prolific species include the black eagle and rock hyrax.
The lodges are set within the granite boulders on different levels and each have a distinctive look and feel. There are 9 lodges in total comprising of 3 suites, 3 family rooms (with 2 double beds in each), 2 double rooms and 1 twin room.
Camp Amalinda's lodges all have electric blankets for the winter season. Each room has an en suite bathroom built into the granite rock face, giving a unique accommodation experience. Tea and coffee stations come standard in each room.
You will be lead by our knowledgeable and professional guides through this enchanting area. The choice of activities include:
• Historic trek to Rhodes’ grave and “View of the World”
• Sunset hikes to the tops of granite dwalas
• Walks to world renowned caves and bushman paintings
• Game drives into the National Park
• Spa salon with a professional masseuse.
• Rhino walks (on request)
• Swimming pool
Facts and Facilities:
• A thatched, elevated dining area.
• Library area with a selection of African classics
• Two bar areas with a variety of local and imported beverages
• Laundry service
• A sunset lounge and show kitchen
• Tea and coffee station
• Borehole water throughout camp
• Set meals with dietary requirements accepted and meals
• served at the captain’s table
Max. clients in vehicle
Game Drives, Walking Safaris