Inside National Park
Mwaleshi Camp, located in the vast wilderness of North Luangwa National Park, is a 40 minute flight from Mfuwe Airport. Hidden within a scenic bend of the Mwaleshi River 10km upstream of the confluence with the Luangwa River, the camp is a truly special and remarkable place.
There are few roads in this remote area and the majority of activities are done on foot, following existing animal trails. All senses become attuned to the surrounding bush as guests experience the variations in the magical diversity of the area.
Walkers enjoy the freedom of Africa's limitless expanse on foot, accompanied by an experienced manager/guide and an armed National Park scout. Thanks to the availability of a vehicle - which drops off and collects guests from the airstrip – attractions further afield can be explored, such as the Mwaleshi Falls which is located upstream of the camp.
With just four thatched chalets rebuilt annually out of natural materials, en suite bathrooms open to the stars and uninterrupted views of the spectacular Mwaleshi River, the camp offers you a genuine feeling of solitude and seclusion. Life in camp is comfortable yet refreshingly simple.
To make the most of the Remote Africa Safaris walking safari adventure it is suggested that guests spend three to five nights at Mwaleshi Camp and combine with Takwela Camp.
• On the banks of the Mwaleshi river
• Swimming / wallowing in the Mwaleshi river
• Exclusive and remote
• Within the rhino sanctuary
• Chance of seeing the big 5 (and wild dog) on foot
• Pure walking into areas with no roads and across the Mwaleshi
• Hotspot for lion, kudu, Cookson’s wildebeest, elephant, wild dog, rhino
• Solar communal charging area (220V)
• No fans
• No Wi-fi
• Natural materials and local skills
• Camp outs (subject to booking)
• Mwaleshi falls (subject to booking)
Remote Africa Safaris
Semi-Permanent Tented Camp
Max. clients in vehicle
Some Charging Facilities
Walking Safaris & Game Drives