30kms outside Victoria Falls on the Zambezi River
Gorges and Little Gorges is a mere 30 minute drive from Victoria Falls town and offers a unique Victoria Falls experience from a peaceful and idyllic base on the edge of the Batoka Gorge - a perfect choice for your Victoria Falls safari adventure!
At Gorges you can relax away from the hustle and bustle of Victoria Falls town - our peaceful guest accommodation is nestled in a landscaped garden that makes walking to your room a joy, and our staff are renowned for their warm hospitality.
Gorges is famous for its spectacular views, described by some as the best in southern Africa; whether you are enjoying a cup of coffee at sunrise on your private veranda or a cool refreshment by the pool at sunset, you will be constantly drawn to the stunning vistas provided by the Batoka Gorge and the rushing waters of the Zambezi River below.
Little Gorges is perched on the edge of the Batoka Gorge next to main Gorges. This tented extension of Gorges overlooks the dramatic junction of the Dibu Dibu River and the Zambezi, where black eagles and lanner falcons nest in the sheer cliff faces. Construction of the luxury tents in this rugged, rocky and broken terrain necessitated careful planning and feats of engineering and is a wonderful alternative to the main Gorges chalets while still providing all the same comforts.
Gorges and Little Gorges Lodge
• Built on Communal land, concession fees and royalties are paid to the local council which helps to improve schools, domestic water supplies and clinics.
• 22 km road transfer from Victoria Falls and a 19 km road transfer from Victoria Falls Airport.
• Guests receive 1 free return town transfer per paying night.
• The All Inclusive option offers 2 activities per paying night: choose from a guided tour of the Victoria Falls, curio shopping at the craft village, a visit to the local village, a school tour (not available in school holidays), traditional dancing display, gorge walk with snacks, black eagle viewing with sundowners and snacks (weather permitting) and a sundowner cruise on the Zambezi.
• All other Victoria Falls based activities can be organised on request.
• In-house spa treatments available at an additional charge - prices and treatment options available on request
Quick facts about Gorges Lodge
• The main lodge is built on a raised deck of indigenous hardwood and has a lounge, dining room and bar that all offer extraordinary views over the gorge into Zambia.
• Free WiFi in the main lodge area – the connection is sometimes slow so please be patient!
• Accommodation: 10 stone under thatch chalets.
• 4 of the chalets are double storey and the other 6 are single storey, all with private verandas that provide stunning views.
• The chalets are set in a landscaped garden and have en suite bathrooms with showers, mini bars, overhead fans and tea and coffee making facilities.
Quick facts about Little Gorges
• The main lodge is stone under thatch with dining room, seating area and bar, all with views over the spectacular Dibu Dibu Gorge.
• Accommodation: 5 luxury tents on wooden decks
• Bathrooms are en suite with a shower cut back into the rocky terrain.
Gorges and Little Gorges room amenities:
• Ceiling fans
• Stocked mini bar
• Tea and coffee making facilities
• Hair dryer
• Mosquito net and repellent
• Electronic safes
• Mobile LED lamp
• Free daily laundry (weather dependent)
Victoria Falls Airport
Max. clients in vehicle
Guided tour of the Victoria Falls, curio shopping at the craft village, a visit to the local village, a school tour, traditional dancing display, gorge walk with snacks, black eagle viewing with sundowners and snacks and a sundowner cruise on the Zambezi.